Craziness of Life

The craziest weeks at work have ended, and-for this week only-the hot weather has calmed down to an almost chilly 75 degrees. It's been just cool enough that I actually brought my tights out (it's been in the mid-to-high 90's/low 100's the last couple of weeks)!

My latest project has been hand quilting my bestie Shelly's Doctor Who quilt, which is coming along slowly but surely. I'm really looking forward to finishing it (I'm sure she is, too, as it's been 3 years since I started this endeavor). I love the "new" form of hand quilting, or Utility Stitching, which utilizes embroidery-like stitches, perle cotton, and lovely Big Stitch Needles from Colonial Needles. It's fun and SUPER addicting!


I've been playing around with my hair as it's been growing out, and I really like the fact it can actually hold things like ribbons and scarves. Hooray!


Josephine has been keeping me company, which I am very happy to have. Of course, she's always expecting me to rub her belly, or scratch her bum, but that's a cats life!

Comments

Popular Posts