A Few Summer Favorites


I'm going to say it right here, right now: I don't really like summer. Sure it's got some good parts, such as less rain, more ice cream, and delicious fruits and vegetables, but I am not a huge fan.  
In lieu of all this whining, I want to stop my whining and show you some of 
my favorite things.

Tomatoes are my most favorite summer vegetable, and we have been getting lots at home, thanks to our CSA box through Pitchfork and Crow & the farm my family works at, Fordyce Farm. 
Tomatoes, plain, sweet and juicy, pop the moment I put the delicious orbs into my mouth. On salads,  pasta, and many other ways, tomatoes can stay with me all summer long, please. 
Photo: Carissima Keatley

My favorite fruit during the summer is officially the wonderful berry known as the Blueberry. This berry is so versatile, but, like the tomato, I prefer them simple, eating them by themselves (sometimes straight from the container!)
Yum.
Photo: cups + spoonfuls blog

 My favorite summer cold treat (other than frozen blueberries) would be 
Talenti Gelato in Sicilian Pistachio. Oh my gosh, this stuff is addicting and delicious. If I'm not careful, I'll eat the entire thing in one sitting.
 If you're looking for the closest thing to real Italian gelato, this comes the closest I've ever tried. 
Photo: Dixie Dining Blog

Sisters who let you photograph them truly rock. My sister, for example, is very photogenic and absolutely gorgeous, so of course I had to take some photos of her. I opted for a summery/comfy/vintage shoot, and I love how they have turned out!
Photo: Carissima Keatley

Photo: Carissima Keatley

Comments

Popular Posts