Autumn Bliss (aka I LOVE Fall!)

A true autumn beauty
I walk past everyday to work!
Fall is Here!!!! The leaves changing, crunching underneath booted feet that are warm and toasty in warm wool socks. Reading books in the dwindling rays of the autumn twilight while drinking freshly pressed hot apple cider, warmed and perfected with a little bit (or in my case, a lot) of cinnamon goodness. 
In case you didn't get the point, I love fall. It is truly my favorite time of year. It is the time of new beginnings as the leaves change and drop, preparing for another year of ever-changing beauty. As George Eliot put it perfectly, "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
This time of year for me brings many activities starting up again, and I always look forward to the busyness that life brings upon me. I can also take time to relax, and drink that freshly-pressed cider while re-reading my worn out copy of Sense and Sensibility. I think that while summer is a great time to enjoy warm weather, lemonade, and the nearby swimming pool, autumn-especially here in the beautiful NW-the realness of life comes about in the fall (whether or not you choose to accept it). So perk up, enjoy the changing leaves with me, and drink that cider up!

Comments

Popular Posts