On Everyday Beauty From Everyday Beauties

I love makeup. 
Ever since I was a young girl, I was always fascinated by the colors, the textures, and how using these products was like painting a beautiful canvas. 
Today, I still have that love of beauty products, and one of my favorite parts is finding girls who use makeup either as a way to reach out to others, such as a beauty blogger, 
or in their everyday life.
With that introduction, I interviewed two women in my life who use makeup in such this way, to share their favorite products, beauty quote and more!

____________________________________

Kaleigh Snow, 19

Kaleigh Snow, 19, @allthatglittersisgoals

OregonicGirl: When did you discover your love of makeup?
KS:I first started loving the idea of makeup around 17, and then about a year later I discovered Jaclyn Hill on YouTube and I was hooked! Now, at 19, I have a passion for it. It's a form of art, and I would love to do something professional with it one day.

OG: If you could choose 3 makeup products to always have in your bag, what would they be?
KS: I would choose a luminous face powder (I like the Lancôme Absolue Powder in Absolute Golden), mascara (L'Oreal Telescopic is my current obsession!), and a hydrating pinky-nude lipgloss (My favorite go-to is by the brand Therapy Systems).

OG: What is the one product that makes you feel better no matter what?
KS: A good highlighter, like Becca's Champagne Pop by Jaclyn Hil. I will have no makeup on sometimes and just douse the tops of my cheeks, temples, and Cupid's bow with a highlighter and boom-I feel like a million bucks even on the hardest of days. 

OG: Do you have a favorite quote on beauty?
KS: "Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"-Coco Chanel

OG: If you could give one piece of advice to a woman about beauty, either in regards to natural beauty (beauty on the inside, etc) or to makeup, what would you say?
KS: It probably sounds cliche, but being yourself and expressing you through what you do, say, and wear makes you the most beautiful and attractive. When it comes to makeup, the same thing should apply. Wear as much or as little, of one thing or every thing, as you want! There are no rules in makeup, so express yourself and just have fun with it!

Kaleigh is currently underway in creating her first beauty blog!
____________________________________


Danielle Saunders, 26, 
Professional Ballroom Dancer and Instructor
OregonicGirl: When did you discover your love for makeup?
Danielle: I discovered my loved for makeup right out of high school BUT my avid love for it hit me 4 months before my first professional ballroom competition. Fell. In. Love.
OG: What is your favorite brand of lipstick, what shade, and why do you love it so much?
DS: Hm, my favorite brand of lipstick for every day is Milani from Target or Fred Meyers in the shade Rose Femme or Urban Decay in Cherry Red for competition because it stays!
OG: Favorite Beauty Icon/Inspiration, and why?
DS: My favorite beauty icon are the ever classic Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly. Marilyn had a talent for blending in when she wanted to hide or standing out when she wanted attention. I embody that quite often.
OG: Do you have a favorite quote on beauty?
DS: Favorite quote on beauty, um, not off the top of my head. I'm sure I pinned something great on Pinterest at some point. 
OG: Everyday Makeup Favorite and Work Makeup Favorite?
DS: For everyday makeup I use as little as possible, not only because I believe in enhancing natural beauty instead of covering it up, but also I am blessed with a nice complexion and I can get away with it. So I do "They're Real" Mascara by Benefit, some concealer I got at Clarins (Clarins is my skin care line hands down, lots of plant extracts and natural ingredients) and some skin tone colored, matte eye shadow: the Naked Palette by Urban Decay and some lip gloss (White Russian by Buxom) and I'm done. My competition makeup is so extensive it requires a YouTube tutorial so I won't launch into that, however the brands are mostly Mac and Urban Decay because it is stage makeup and will sit and stay under bright bright lights and sweat. Ballroom makeup is different than your club look because it shouldn't look good up close, but it is just more dramatic.
    OG: If you could give one piece of advice to a woman about beauty, either in regards to natural beauty (beauty on the inside, etc) or to makeup, what would you say?
DS: My advice for inner beauty is this: I used to believe I had to not wear makeup to look beautiful on the inside and therefore felt less confident. You can look great on the outside and still have a radiant personality. My practical advice is this: research! Nordstrom and Macy's and all sorts of makeup and skincare stores (sephora is a favorite of mine) give FREE beauty samples of high end stuff! A lot of my "research" for competition included watching hours upon hours of YouTube makeup tutorials. It was not a chore it was so fun! My favorite YouTube beauty guru's are Kathleen Lights, Jaclyn Hill, and a lifestyle guru miss Liz Heart.
Danielle instructs and competes with Arthur Murray School of Dance in Salem, Oregon.
____________________________________

____________________________________

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts