My Top 10 Favorites


A Few of My Favorite Things

As Fall quickly approaches, I realized that I have some favorite things that I'd like to share, and here they are!

1. Friends. No, not the TV show, but my real skin-and-bones human friends. They are my encouragers, my shoulder to cry on, my confidantes-without them, I'd be bored and an all-around depressed person. 

2. My Mother. I didn't always agree with her, but we've become really good friends, and I love her so much!

3.End of Summer/Early Fall Weddings. One of my dearest friends, Hannah, is getting married in-yikes-2 days from now, and, as this is my favorite time of year-plus I love her & weddings-I'm looking forward to this occasion with much joy and exultation! 

4. Plumbing that works. I think that says it all, doesn't it?!?!

5. The Return of the Fall TV Shows. I've got a long list of what I like, so I won't bore you here. But, I do know that the UK will be airing some shows that I'll be looking forward to, I just have to find them!

6.Skype and FaceTime. With both of my brothers over on the East Coast, I'm extremely grateful for these tools in seeing and talking to the people I love. With one brother in Virginia, the other in New Hampshire, I look forward to seeing them every week (I think my mum is, too!)!

7. Watches. I've been looking for the perfect gold watch, menswear-inspired, and I finally found it! Okay, my sister found it, but she knew I was looking for one (fortunately, I was with her). It's beautiful, with  a large gold face, clasp-link wrist strap, and glow-in-the-dark hands, which is good for my poor, blind eyes at night! 

8. Florence + the Machine. I've loved Flo, and will continue to love her and her amazing voice (and great hair!)!

9. A Working Sewing Machine. Without this illustrious item, I'd be bored and have no beautiful new skirts!

10. Imagination. I know that imagination can seem like a silly thing, but by using it, I was able to create a couple of fantastic skirts without a pattern. Now, you might be one of those type of people who can make anything just by snipping and stitching, but for us "normal" people, it can be hard to create without a pattern. Luckily, I've been working at a quilt shoppe long enough to begin to become one of those who can just go and create. I've now made those skirts, and they turned out great, if I say so myself! 

Comments

Popular Posts