Black is the New, Well, Black

I'm so ready for Fall to come. I remember writing about how much I love Fall last year, so instead I'm going to talk about things that I love in the fashion world for the fall, and it mainly has to do with the color black.
Photo from http://steinarbergolsen.tumblr.com
Let's talk about Fall, and the color black:
~It's a beautiful color that goes with everything. 
~You can mix a variety of textures when they're black, even when you have different shades.
~Black dresses, skirts, pants; everything goes so well with them.
~Black shoes, especially boots (as pictured above, maybe with a shorter heel!).
I'm looking forward to mixing long colored skirts, black tops, and statement jewelry together this year. I'm also looking forwards to my coats that I love so much my red wool peacoat, my London Fog trench coat, and my vintage dress coats that my Great-great Grandma and Aunts made when they were my age.

The other thing that I'm looking forward to is the makeup that is my go-to look: black winged eyeliner, sculpted cheekbones, and red lips. My favorite red is Russian Red by MAC Cosmetics, eyeliner by Sephora. I also love mixing a smoky brown or gray eye with plum lips (Media by MAC), or black winged liner with pink lipstick (Snob by MAC), similar to Audrey Hepburn's look in Breakfast at Tiffany's . Makeup can really make or break an outfit, so choose wisely! 
As the summer ends, kids go back to school, the sweaters come out and Fall begins. All I have to say is: bring on the new season with love and good fashion.

Comments

Popular Posts